As we all know, the Golden Retriever is a famous British dog breed. It probably grows maximum to medium size. You will indeed develop some affection and gentle feelings towards them at your first sight. Moreover, its golden shiny fur coat, as well as its sweet nature, is enough to make you fall for him. However, most western people keep a golden retriever as their beloved pet. Also, this pet knows how to be polite and comes into use as a guide and a gun dog. Isn’t it amazing? So if you have a golden retriever with you, follow the below-mentioned points.
Some fun facts about the Golden Retriever’s lifespan:
1. The average golden retriever lifespan ranges from 10- 12 years, which is quite normal for the other breeds. However, there is no difference between the golden retriever lifespan in females and males. Moreover, smaller species like Yorkies live for a longer duration than the larger breeds like Great Danes.
2. Shockingly the oldest golden retriever to date is 20 years old. This range of age surpasses the average maximum marking. This dog stays in Tennessee. She took birth on 24 April 2000 and is still breathing.
3. Cancer impacts 60% of them. Golden retriever lifespan is shorter in most cases only because of the deadly cause- Cancer. Also, this breed is more prone to this painful death.
4. About 3000 Golden Retrievers are joining a study together to increase the rate of golden retriever health. Furthermore, this study was launched in 2012. Veterinarians collect data, the environment, and all their cancer risks to save the other dogs.
5. The golden retriever lifespan in India is relatively high, 10-15 years. Because the breed is quite comfortable with the surrounding here. And the golden retriever lifespan in males is the same as that of females in India.
6. Their faces turn grey or white with age. It’s fun to think about a gray-golden retriever. Well, it happens when they start growing old. But it makes them look cuter.
Some tips to increase your Golden Retriever’s lifespan are:
1. Purchase a healthy and good golden retriever from the breeder. However, you have to pay more for a well built healthy dog, but it is worth it. Before buying, do nutritional research on what they like, their temperament, environment, behavior, and preferences, and treat the theme accordingly.
2. The average golden retriever lifespan decreases due to lousy quality dog food and health issues. Therefore, do provide your dog with a portion of good quality food. Also, think about the quality rather than the price as it is also a life. Moreover, regular good food will surely keep many health issues away and protect your dog from foreign microorganisms.
3. Groom your golden dog periodically. Maintain good hygiene for your dog. Clean their hair, nails, paws, and likewise save them from any physical issues or rashes. Grooming also allows you to check on any pain spots or lumps.
4. Exercise is essential for your dog. It must exercise daily to stay fit. Also, it keeps their heart, muscles, and bones solid and functional for a long time. However, regular exercise also develops a decent potty habit in golden retrievers. Moreover, the healthy practice includes walking, playing, swimming, and likewise.
5. Create a good bond with your golden pet. Treat it as your blood. This is the best way to care for your dog. Also, it improves their mental health and makes them stay mentally strong. And always think the best for your pup.
6. The golden retriever lifespan in females is more than that of males because research says that the female breed is mentally matured and active at a minimum age.
7. Fix your dog at the correct time. Early treatment can be harmful, and the same goes for late ones. Furthermore, research says that fogs fixed at the proper time live longer than dogs that are not. If your dog is a female, improve her first heat cycle. And if your dog is a male, fix him between 12- 24 months.
The above article clarifies that gender does not matter for golden retrievers. As both their behavior and lifespan are the same. Study says that golden retrievers are dying due to various health and climatic changes. So if your beloved dog belongs to this breed, take good care of him. Provide him with good nutrition and love. Morey, golden retrievers are adorable and lovable. This loyal breed will surely capture a considerable part of your heart with its nature. So save them! Take good care of them before they become extinct.